Digital Media Investigator
North Yorkshire is proud to be the safest place to live in England. This is due to the professionalism and dedication of North Yorkshire Police. Our police service ensures the highest levels of confidence in the Country through the service that we deliver to the community.
As a member of Digital Investigation and Intelligence the Digital Media Investigator will be expected to;
- attend crime scenes to formulate digital forensic strategies.
- support investigations and provide high quality evidence which enables the effective prosecution of offenders through the courts.
- provide advice in respect of evidential material from a wide range of digital media devices.
- act as tactical advisor to Senior Investigating Officers and agree the digital and communications strategy.
- provide advice, guidance and assistance to local officers and staff on the proportionate retrieval of data from digital storage devices.
- produce reports at the point of need to support investigation of crimes and criminal prosecutions.
The successful candidate will have the following skills:
Fully IT literate, the DMI will be well versed in a wide range of software packages and will be able to rapidly familiarise themselves with the new and emerging digital technologies.
The post holder will be provided with the training required to become proficient in the understanding of digital technologies and how to harvest the data contained within it. He/she must be able to provide advice and guidance across a range of digital disciplines including mobile phones, open source (including social media), CCTV, and other such digital devices. She/he will become competent under ISO 17025 and maintain an office environment that meets this accreditation standard.
In the absence of practical working knowledge the below training will be provided as deemed necessary:
- SPoC course in respect of communications data and/or a Communications Data Analysis Course.
- Excel Training for data interpretation and analysis.
- Analytical training for data analysis and potential evidence preparation.
- Training in the use of AutoRoute/Northgate in respect of importing RF survey data and general presentation of expert evidential mapping for court.
The post holder will require knowledge and understanding of all digital investigation and intelligence techniques at a working level to be able to signpost advise across a range of digital disciplines including mobile digital forensics, open source (including social media), CCTV, ANPR, Body Worn Video, communications technology, imaging, and emerging technology.
In return for your skills, you’ll be welcomed into an organisation that will give you the tools, guidance and trust to allow you to perform to the best of your ability.
In addition, North Yorkshire Police offers a range of benefits including:
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Support for further professional development
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Upbeat – Access to a fantastic range of exclusive discounts on well-known online and high street retailers
- Unison is the recognised Trade union within NYP and there are also a number of other Inclusion and Diversity support networks
If any further information is required, or you wish to discuss this post in greater detail, please contact NYP Digital Investigation and Intelligence.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please submit an application before midday on 12th March 2018
This opportunity is closed to applications.