Traffic Bureau Team Leader
Traffic Bureau Team Leader
An opportunity has arisen for an exceptional candidate to undertake the role of Traffic Bureau Team Leader. We are seeking an experienced individual who is interested in an exciting opportunity to develop their career in this pivotal role within the Criminal Justice Department in York.
The successful candidate will provide first line supervision in support of Safety Camera and Traffic Bureau activities including the upkeep of cameras, ensuring appropriate staffing and deployment of vans, data analysis and utilising relevant data to enable intelligence led deployment of safety camera vehicles. You will support and maintain the operation of camera equipment and technology used within North Yorkshire Police, in partnership with camera providers, ensuring they remain lawful, are calibrated and serviced in accordance with codes of practice, guidance and legislation.
You will research and analyse information on force computer systems to gather sufficient information to assist with enquiries, identify any warn warning markers and complete appropriate risk assessments before further enquiries are undertaken. You will also provide advice to internal and external customers on matters pertaining to safety cameras, assisting with the preparation of prosecution files ensuring evidence of the offences is captured in accordance with force policy and procedure and present evidence at court as required in relation to investigation and enquiries undertaken. You will also be required to represent the department in meetings in relation to safety camera technology and enforcement.
Along with being passionate about supporting a team you will be encouraging and approachable. To be successful in your application, it is essential that you will have the following:
- Experience of supervising a team and have knowledge in all aspects of Camera Enforcement and Traffic Bureau Administration
- Good understanding of the Criminal Justice System
- Knowledge of evidential requirements, particularly in relation to road traffic legislation
- Excellent IT skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail as well as the ability to adapt to changing priorities and work quickly to tight time constraints
- Full UK driving licence to meet safety camera van mobile enforcement requirements
This position requires you to be flexible around working patterns as this role will operate shift work:
BST between 0700-2200, GMT between 0700-2000 7 days a week including some Bank Holiday working.
Applications will close on Thursday 5th September 2019 at 9am.
This opportunity is closed to applications.