Here at NYP it’s our people that really count, their different perspectives, experiences, skills and backgrounds which truly make a difference to our communities and especially making North Yorkshire one of the safest counties in England.
This role will be to provide support to the Logistic Manager in the daily supervision of the stores assistants and stores by overseeing stock replenishment, low value procurement, receipting and invoicing ensuring the stores have sufficient supplies to sustain both NYP and NYFRS Officers and Staff.
What does the role involve?
- To provide daily supervision of allocated stores which includes NYP and NYFRS general, clothing and transport stores.
- Control and monitor stock levels and reorder if required.
- Update computer records of ordering, receipts and issues ensuring records include an accurate description of all stock held.
- Ensure all returned, used uniform and equipment is inspected and all retrievable insignia are removed before disposal. Identify those items of clothing which can be reintroduced to stock.
- Checking and coding of invoices.
What you will bring to the role?
- Supervisor/team leader experience
- Computer literate skills
- Full Driving license
- Storekeeping/Logistical experience
- Desirable- Familiar with COSHH requirements and legislation
- Desirable- Warehousing /logistics NVQ Level 3
What you will get in return?
You’ll work for an organisation that cares about the well-being of its personnel, and actively supports people so they can perform to their best at work.
In addition, NYP offers a range of benefits including:
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Support for further professional development
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Upbeat – Access to a fantastic range of exclusive discounts on well-known online and high street retailers
- Unison is the recognised Trade union within NYP and there are also a number of other Inclusion and Diversity support networks
To be considered for this role please apply before 9am Tuesday 10th November 2020.
This opportunity is closed to applications.