People Services Administrator
People Services Administrator- Fixed Term until 30th April 2021
Full time- Mon- Thurs 8.30-5pm and Fri 8.30-4.30pm
We are looking for an exceptional person to join our HR Team at Police Headquarters (Northallerton) to provide a range of transactional support services to internal and external customers through seamless end to end HR service delivery.
This is a challenging and generalist HR administrative role, where you will need to be flexible in supporting the people life cycle process in response to changing demands, deadlines and responsibilities in all aspects of the role on a day to day basis.
Other duties and responsibilities will include:
- Providing first line support via the HR Helpdesk to customers at all levels of the organisation on employee relations, payroll queries, and training, in line with agreed service levels, with a view to driving self-service.
- Ensure interactions, communications, processes and transactions are undertaken in accordance with legislation, regulations and NYP’s procedures, and within established timetables.
- To understand key procedures and processes in order to promote good practice, resolving queries where appropriate and signposting to appropriate information sources and e-forms.
- Ensure timely and accurate systems inputting, in relation to all employee and training transactional activity.
- Input all payroll related expenses as necessary, ensuring corporate governance and PSC Handbook compliance, and provide advice and support to customers relating to this
- Creation of training courses and events on the Training Admin System (TAS) ensuring that resources and events are built correctly, issuing Joining instructions and reporting this data through to RMU for delegate allocation.
We are therefore seeking a strong Administrator, who is confident, and not afraid to deliver a service against metrics on a ‘right first time ‘basis. Therefore in addition to prior relevant experience, and a passion for HR, you must have;
- Experience in administration services in a high volume environment.
- High level of attention to detail
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Office and other digital platforms
- A Flexible, problem solving approach to client enquiries and constant changing demands
- Understanding of equality issues and application of statutory legislation is desirable
You’ll be welcomed into an organisation that cares about the well-being of its personnel, and actively supports people so they can perform to the best of their ability. In addition, North Yorkshire Police offers a range of benefits including:
- Flexible and agile working
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Support for further professional development
- Cycle to work scheme
- Upbeat – Access to a fantastic range of exclusive discounts on well-known online and high street retailers
- Unison is the recognised Trade union within NYP and there are also a number of other Inclusion and Diversity support networks.
External Applicants- This is a fixed term contract with North Yorkshire Police. This means that your employment contact will end when the term finishes.
Internal NYP Applicants- Applications will be considered on a fixed term basis in line with the general principles of the secondment procedure. This means you must have successfully passed your probationary period and receive full support from your line manager and Head of Function before submitting an application. If successful, you will be appointed to this role on new Terms and Conditions.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit an application by 9:00am on Friday 30th October 2020.
This opportunity is closed to applications.