NYP are proud to announce that we are accepting applications for the post of Chronicle Administrator within the Firearms Training & Development Unit based at Tadcaster Police Station.
We have 2 vacancies available to work as a job share 18.5 hours a week each.
The Firearms Training & Development Unit is responsible for the training and accreditation of all Armed Officers and Commanders in NYP. The role of Chronicle Administrator is to manage, input and extract data to/ from the Chronicle database which is used to manage Police resource skills, where there is a national requirement to maintain operational and occupational competence.
As Chronicle Administrator you will have excellent IT skills as you will be responsible for providing administrative support for all types of internal and external training events within the unit, utilising the computer packages to maintain departmental records and filing systems, updating and weeding within appropriate timescales.
You will be self-motivated, using your own initiative to manage the flow of work and resolving any day to day issues and act as a point of contract with the Chronicle provider to ensure the system is operational, with any faults rectified. You will play an important role in managing course bookings and monitoring targets providing management information to support the retention of staff specialist skills.
Working for us- here’s what we can offer you
You will be welcomed into an organisation that is committed to ensuring everyone is treated fairly and supported equally. At North Yorkshire Police we value different perspectives, skills and experiences, we care about the well-being of our staff, and actively support people so they can perform to their best.
Working for North Yorkshire Police brings great pride and job satisfaction along with a competitive salary and attractive benefits including:
- 24 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays
- Flexi and agile working- you will have the chance to work from different locations and even at home. You will be able to work flexi meaning you can start earlier and finish earlier.
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Support for further professional development
- Cycle to work scheme
- Upbeat – Access to a fantastic range of exclusive discounts on well-known online and high street retailers
- Unison is the recognised Trade union within NYP and there are also a number of other Inclusion and Diversity support networks.
If you’re interested in this role, please apply by Wednesday 4th November 2020 at 9am.
This opportunity is closed to applications.