Firearms Admin Clerk
Firearms Admin Clerk- Headquarters, Northallerton
Fixed Term Contract until 31st December 2021
Scale 2 £17,999- £18,531
Monday- Thursday 8.30-5pm and Friday 8.30- 4.30pm 1 hour for lunch
North Yorkshire Police are recruiting for a fixed term contract until December 2021 for a skilled Firearms Admin Clerk to work as part of a team providing the full range of clerical/administrative support to Headquarters Firearms Licensing Department based in Northallerton.
- Responsible for opening of all incoming mail and dissemination
- To receipt and process all payments received into the department
- To collate and provide weekly management information as required
- Use of Departmental Computer Systems to record all incoming work
- Use of Force Computer Systems as appropriate
- To scan all photographs
This role requires you to be highly organised with the ability to multi-task and prioritise workload. You will have the ability to work flexibly and confidently using your own initiative and with the rest of your team in order to meet deadlines. Excellent customer service is pivotal to this role as well as good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
Working for us- here’s what we can offer you
You will be welcomed into an organisation that is committed to ensuring everyone is treated fairly and supported equally. At North Yorkshire Police we value different perspectives, skills and experiences, we care about the well-being of our staff, and actively support people so they can perform to their best.
Working for North Yorkshire Police brings great pride and job satisfaction along with a competitive salary and attractive benefits including:
- 24 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays
- Flexi and agile working- you will have the chance to work from different locations and even at home. You will be able to work flexi meaning you can start earlier and finish earlier.
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Support for further professional development
- Cycle to work scheme
- Upbeat – Access to a fantastic range of exclusive discounts on well-known online and high street retailers
- Unison is the recognised Trade union within NYP and there are also a number of other Inclusion and Diversity support networks.
External Applicants- This is a fixed term contract with North Yorkshire Police. This means that your employment contact will end when the term finishes.
Internal NYP Applicants- Applications will be considered on a fixed term basis in line with the general principles of the secondment procedure. This means you must have successfully passed your probationary period and receive full support from your line manager and Head of Function before submitting an application. If successful, you will be appointed to this role on new Terms and Conditions.
If you feel you have the skill required for this role and want to work for a great organisation, please apply before 9am on Friday 30th October 2020.
This opportunity is closed to applications.