Custody Sergeant- Transferee
North Yorkshire Police are proud to announce that an exciting opportunity has arisen within the force’s Criminal Justice Department with a vacancy for a qualified Custody Sergeant based at Scarborough, although we will consider other locations. Applicants should either be currently working within a Custody Environment, or have worked as a Custody Sergeant within the last 3 years.
The Custody Sergeant role provides a unique, rewarding and challenging career development pathway and progression opportunity. It gives officers a defined skill set with increased strengths in decision making, emotional awareness and working under pressure. Working set hours within a small team allows for a collaborative and ‘one team’ approach.
Have you got what it takes?
- Often a single-handed Sergeant in charge of the running of a suite, which may be full of vulnerable and challenging individuals.
- A primary decision maker with some of the most vulnerable adults and children within society. Strong evidence of problem solving, and decision making is essential.
- Needs to be emotionally aware and resilient with an ability to perform in a demanding role balancing multiple and simultaneous pressures from a number of sources.
- Needs to have sophisticated interpersonal, stakeholder management and negotiation skills.
- To have successfully completed mandatory training (National Custody Sergeants Learning Programme). A period of on-site shadowing/mentoring and familiarisation with North Yorkshire Police processes and systems will be provided.
- There is an expectation that you will remain in post for a minimum of 2 years.
- Required on occasions to work in adjacent custody suites across the Force area on an organisational need’s basis. Any additional expenses will be reimbursed.
Applicants are asked to submit an expression of interest of no more than 400 words detailing your relevant skills & experience.
The start date for this role will be 1st April 2021.
If you have any questions in regards to this role please contact HRTalent&Resourcing@northyorkshire.pnn.police.uk
The closing date for applications is Monday 2nd November 2020 at 9am.
This opportunity is closed to applications.