Substance Misuse Liaison Officer
Here at NYP we have a fantastic part time role available (22.5 hours) at a competitive salary of £26,208 - £30951 (pro rata) to be based at our HQ in Northallerton!
The Substance Misuse Officer will manage the delivery of substance and alcohol testing service in NYP, Durham and Cleveland, providing a link between the supplier and these three forces, resolving any issues encountered as they arise.
Reporting to the DCI Professional Standards your role within the team would include:
-Manage the delivery of substance and alcohol testing service in NYP, Durham and Cleveland providing a link between the supplier and these forces, resolving any issues encountered as they arise.
-Implement the application of the substance and alcohol misuse procedure, ensuring compliance with national and local conditions of service and Police Regulations, as appropriate.
-To contribute to the development and deliver briefings to managers and staff to inform them of the current procedures and processes relating to substance and alcohol misuse to ensure that all are aware of the need for compliance.
-To create, update and maintain a confidential database of the test subjects and results.
-To provide expert advice on substance and alcohol misuse and associated processes, to Police Tribunals, Police Staff Discipline Hearings and any subsequent appeals.
-To assist in consultation and negotiation with staff associations and trade unions in relation to substance misuse testing.
-To evaluate the impact of new and forthcoming legislation and Home Office Circulars in the area of substance and alcohol misuse.
There is a requirement to be vetted to MV level (provided by NYP on appointment).
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Excellent planning and organisational skills, preferably with experience of arranging logistics.
-Knowledge of policing Desirable Experience of process formulation
-Experience and knowledge of Police Regulations and legislation
-Good IT Skills
-Current Driving License
As a valued member of North Yorkshire Police Staff you will receive:
- Competitive salary
- Local government pension scheme
- Option to sign up for Upbeat, which will give you access to a fantastic range of exclusive discounts n well-known online and high street retailers
- Join Unison- the recognised Trade Union with NYP
- A fantastic number of Inclusion and Diversity Support Networks
- The option to join a number of NYP Sports teams, including Rugby and Swimming
- Our staff are important to us, so we like to ensure we provide continued training and development opportunities to upskill where possible.
We will be closing our application opportunity at 0900 on Wednesday 30th September 2020.