Review, Retention & Disposal Assistant
Fixed Term until 30/05/2021to cover Maternity Leave
Here at NYP we have a fantastic part time role (18.5 hours, days/times to be negotiated) at a competitive salary of £18,951 - £20,199 (pro rata) to cover maternity leave for an individual who has an eye for detail, strong decision making skills and enjoys working as a team.
The Review, Retention and Disposal Assistant will work within our Niche Records Management team who are responsible for dealing with information compliance matters including in respect of the Code of Practice on the College of Policing Authorised Professional Practice Management of Police Information (APP MoPI).
Reporting to the Senior Review, Retention & Disposal and Data Quality Officer your role within the team would include:
- Ensuring records are accurately updated and maintained to support policing activities
- Undertaking prioritised reviews of policing information on person records in line with legislative requirements
- Undertaking risk assessments based on national criteria to recommend decisions in relation to the retention or deletion of records
The post requires a well-organised individual with strong team working ethics and IT Skills, who can follow processes and make decisions against given criteria. Post holders will need great attention to detail and the resilience to review potentially distressing information contained within policing records.
Additional Data Protection Act awareness and experience, this would be advantageous but is not required as we will be able to provide you with full training.
There is a requirement to be vetted to MV level (provided by NYP on appointment).
As a valued member of North Yorkshire Police Staff you will receive:
- Competitive salary
- Local government pension scheme
- Option to sign up for Upbeat, which will give you access to a fantastic range of exclusive discounts n well-known online and high street retailers
- Join Unison- the recognised Trade Union with NYP
- A fantastic number of Inclusion and Diversity Support Networks
- The option to join a number of NYP Sports teams, including Rugby and Swimming
- Our staff are important to us, so we like to ensure we provide continued training and development opportunities to upskill where possible.
We view diversity as fundamental to our success. To tackle today’s complex policing challenges; we need a workforce made up from all of North Yorkshire’s communities. Applications from across the community are therefore essential. You will need a wide range of skills and experiences which will enhance the services we deliver to the public including an understanding of cultural issues. If this is you, we want to hear from you!
We will be closing our application opportunity at 0900 on Monday 28th September 2020.