Citizens in Policing Liaison Officer
An exciting new secondment opportunity has arisen for a Citizens in Policing Liaison Officer to work within the Partnerships Hub. The secondment is for a year’s maternity cover.
The post holder will assist and support the Citizens in Policing Co-ordinator Manager to co-ordinate the effective recruitment, retention, training, management and deployment of the Cadet Units, in line with North Yorkshire and the National Citizens in Policing Strategy. The post holder will support the work of the wider team that also oversee Police Support Volunteers and Special Constables.
Reporting to the Citizens in Policing Co-ordinator Manager the post holder’s responsibilities will include:
- The development and delivery of induction and development training for new Cadet Leaders.
- To be responsible for the recruitment of Police Cadets, supporting and delivering the Police Cadet Scheme, acting as the single point of contact for the Police Cadet Leaders.
- To oversee the direct management of some volunteers who undertake team leader, supervisory or coordination roles, as directed by the CiP Coordination Manager.
- To work closely with internal and external stakeholders to develop or promote cadet deployment opportunities.
- Ensuring the compliance with national child protection guidelines in respect of adults supervising and working with young people.
- Support Cadets budget monitoring and review
- Ensure cadets learning activities are coordinated on a term to term basis.
This particular Citizen in Policing Liaison officer post will be looking after the Cadet portfolio.
As a successful candidate you should have excellent organisational, interpersonal and communication skills with a working knowledge of the concepts, principles and practical aspects of Volunteer Schemes. Excellent IT skills are also required with a good working knowledge of Microsoft packages are required for this challenging role.
As a valued member of North Yorkshire Police you will receive:
- Competitive salary
- Local government pension scheme
- Option to sign up for Upbeat, which will give you access to a fantastic range of exclusive discounts and well-known online and high street retailers
- A fantastic number of Inclusion and Diversity Support Networks
- The option to join a number of NYP Sports teams, including Rugby and Swimming
- Our staff are important to us, so we like to ensure we provide continued training and development opportunities to upskill where possible
Closing date: 0900 Thursday 24th September 2020