Superintendent - Transferee Campaign
With its vast rural geography, pockets of “city-type” demand and significant cross-border activity, North Yorkshire presents a complex, rewarding operational challenge. And with an ambitious programme of transformation, investment and collaboration already well underway, it’s a dynamic, forward-thinking corporate environment too.
We’re now recruiting for substantive Superintendents or Chief Inspectors on promotion, who are ambitious, forward thinking leaders.
If you’re the person we’re looking for, you’ll have:
- An authentic leadership style, with a genuine desire to create opportunities to develop and nurture future talent amongst your teams
- Ability to drive forward the delivery of The Police and Crime Plan for the communities of North Yorkshire
- Outstanding communication skills
- The business acumen to know and understand how your decisions impact upon the wider organisation
- Ability to lead change successfully to accomplish the organisational aims and limit the impact on people
- An understanding of the future landscape of policing, and how North Yorkshire can position itself in this context
- Proven ability to work across organisational boundaries at strategic level, in order to consolidate and develop constructive partnerships with a range of stakeholders.
In return, we will equip you to deliver a service that can be flexible and fit for the future and provide the best service to our communities.
We view diversity as fundamental to our success. To tackle today’s complex policing challenges; we need a workforce made up from all of North Yorkshire’s communities. Applications from across the community are therefore essential.
A familiarisation event is being held on 24 January 2019 for interested applicants. To register your interest please contact 01609 643522 or e-mail HRTalent&Resourcing@northyorkshire.pnn.police.uk
Closing date for applications is 9am 28 January 2019.
This opportunity is closed to applications.