Chief of Staff
We have an exciting, permanent opportunity to join the Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner (Julia Mulligan) for North Yorkshire’s (PFCC) Office as her Chief of Staff. As the PFCC’s Head of Paid Staff and Monitoring Officer the successful candidate will act as her most senior advisor in relation to all Police, Fire and Crime matters.
The role has overarching responsibility for the efficiency and effectiveness of the Office of the Police, Fire & Crime Commissioner (OPFCC), including the new police complaints team, and supporting the PFCC to ensure delivery against her current Police & Crime Plan (to become a Police, Fire & Crime Plan) and Fire Business Case.
The PFCC is part-way through an ambitious Transformation Programme, Transform 2020, in partnership with North Yorkshire Police (NYP) and North Yorkshire Fire & Rescue Service (NYFRS). The successful candidate will work closely with the Chief Constable and Chief Fire Officer to support Julia to achieve her collaborative vision for the future.
A key aspect of the role will be maintaining and enhancing key strategic partnership relationships, across Police, Fire and Crime, with the Chief Constable, Chief Fire Officer and other senior leaders within NYP and NYFRS as well as strategic stakeholders across North Yorkshire e.g. City of York Council (CYC) and North Yorkshire County Council (NYCC) and wider public sector partners including Crown Prosecution Service (CPS); Her Majesty’s Courts and Tribunals Service (HMCTS); National Probation Service (NPS); Community Rehabilitation Company (CRC); Her Majesty’s Prison Service (HMPS); Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCG).
We are looking for an innovative, highly motivated individual who is:
- Qualified to degree level (or equivalent educational / work standard)
- Experienced in successfully directing the development and delivery of strategic plans
- Experienced in leading the design and implementation of successful ways of working to support similar roles to the PFCC
- Experienced in developing and enhancing strategic partnership relationships to successfully achieve priority objectives
- Experienced in prioritising work to deliver strategic outcomes on time and within resource and budget constraints
- An excellent communicator, negotiator and influencer
- A proven strategic problem solver
- Capable of working in partnership with the Chief Constable, Chief Fire Officer, and other senior NYP and NYFRS leaders and strategic stakeholders to understand changing policing and fire requirements, challenges and demands
The successful candidate will make key contributions towards the overall achievement of the current Police and Crime Plan and future Police, Fire and Rescue Plan.
In this role you will have the opportunity to make a real difference to the communities of North Yorkshire, something that we are passionate about.
Please note interviews will take place: 25th February 2019
If you feel that you meet the essential criteria an informal conversation about this opportunity can be booked in with the PFCC - sessions can be requested until Wednesday 6th February by emailing Julia’s PA via: Lauren.Stoddart-Scott@northyorkshire-pfcc.gov.uk - and will be booked in from Thursday 31st January to Friday 8th February.
This opportunity is closed to applications.