Vehicle Checker - Police Support Volunteers
Do you enjoy maintaining cars? Can you commit to 2/3 hours per week on a regular basis?
As a Vehicle Checker, you will be responsible for carrying out everyday checks to ensure that police vehicles meet the required operational standards. You would not be required to conduct any mechanical or specialist checks, however you may be required to undertake the following tasks:
• Work through a checklist for each vehicle, looking at such items as; vehicle lights, emergency lights, tyres, oil, screen wash, mileage, first aid kit, road signs and cones
• Jet wash the exterior of vehicle
• Remove rubbish from inside vehicle and vacuum
• Enter information from checklists onto computer system, signposting missing equipment and damage to vehicle
• Comply with Health and Safety requirements
If you are required to move police vehicles you will need to be over 21 to comply with NYP authorised driver requirements. Under 21’s may undertake vehicle checks but not drive vehicles.
This is a brilliant voluntary opportunity to assist North Yorkshire Police in keeping their vehicles safe and clean.
We currently have opporunities available in:
- Fulford Road Police Station, York
- Athena House, Cliffton Moor, York
- Tadcaster Police Station
- Settle Police Station
- Malton Police Station
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please submit an application by 10:00am on Tuesday 8th May 2018
This opportunity is closed to applications.