Transferee Opportunity - Driver Trainer
Applications are now being invited for a rare opportunity which has arisen for Police Constables to become a Driver Trainer within North Yorkshire Police based at Vale House, Thirsk.
The Driver Trainer role is to train North Yorkshire Police employees and members of the Special Constabulary, who already hold a full Department of Transport Driving License in the police system of driving, whilst assessing them as to their suitability to drive specified categories of vehicles.
Other duties include:
- The effective planning, designing and delivering of tailored training and development solutions which enable colleagues to meet the needs of their roles in line with up to date policy, legislation and the strategic direction of North Yorkshire Police.
- The liaison with all officers and staff as required
- Advice and guidance to the Force as and when required.
You will possess the following skills / experience:
- Excellent communication
- Planning and organising
- Full Department of Transport Driving license category B Essential, Category A Desirable,
- Police Advanced Driving qualification
- Flexibility to travel throughout the North Yorkshire Force area, on your own initiative with own transport
- A Training and Learning Level 3 Qualification
- TPAC qualification desirable
- LGV / PSV desirable
- Assessor Qualification deirable
- Effectively designing, planning and delivery of training and development solutions in accordance with appropriate legislation, procedures and systems
Applicants will undergo a selection process involving a competency based Interview, and demonstrate their competence by undertaking an Assessed Drive.
Please note any offer will be subject to satisfactory references, fitness test, medical, vetting and security checks. Attendance and disciplinary records will also be assessed as part of the recruitment process.
If you have the skills and passion we are looking for and are interested in applying for the opportunity to transfer to North Yorkshire Police, please submit an application by 9am on Friday 1st March 2019
If you would like to discuss the available opportunities further, please contact HRTalent&Resourcing@Northyorkshire.pnn.police.uk