Communication Officer Controller (Dispatch)
Are you able to multitask under pressure? Do you have excellent communication skills? Are you looking for a new and rewarding career?
Our busy Force Control Room in York is currently looking to recruit Communication Officer Controllers (Dispatch) to work alongside our 999 call handlers. The main purpose of the role is to prioritise calls and dispatch officers accordingly across the North Yorkshire Region.
North Yorkshire Police Force Control Room answer all emergency 999 calls and non-emergency 101 calls, as well as deploying resources to police incidents across North Yorkshire. Our dedicated team aims to provide the highest quality of service to customers by controlling and co-ordinating police resources across the county of North Yorkshire. This includes managing a wide range of incidents and where appropriate providing an emergency response.
Main duties & responsibilities:
- Monitor and manage incidents across North Yorkshire and identify incidents where it is imperative that a resource is dispatched immediately
- Receive telephone reports, including 999, and prioritise all calls in accordance with the Force Incident Grading Policy and dispatch officers accordingly
- Direct resources and provide Police Officers with relevant and timely information via the Force’s radio systems
- Identify information requirements for officers attending incidents. Coordinate and control incidents to ensure the best possible support to officers
- Coordinate the attendance of police, specialist resources and other emergency services at incident scenes
- Interrogate the Geographic Information System regarding reported incidents
- Accurate entry on Control Room computer systems ensuring data contains sufficient detail
This role requires the successful post holder to juggle and prioritise demand at a very high level. The successful Post holder will have the following skills and attributes:
- Excellent organisation skills with the ability to prioritise multiple tasks
- Clear communication skills with calm, customer centric approach
- Ability to make decisions under pressure
- Excellent IT skills and the confidence to operate various computer systems at one time
- Ability to record information directly onto a computer quickly and accurately
This is a fast paced rewarding career where no 2 days are the same. As a member of the team, you will be at the centre of policing in North Yorkshire and will find yourself dealing with incidents that most people will not come across in their lifetime.
Location: Force Control Room, Fulford Road, York
Salary: £20,619 - £22,833 (Scale 4). Plus shift allowance and weekend working allowance your gross earnings would be up to £30,697.
You will complete 17 weeks of training and will not be able to take any holidays during this time.
We have full time contracts only available, 24 hour shift pattern which will consist of 4 days on and 4 days off.
This is a rare opportunity to join the Force Control Room team as a Communication Officer Controller. Full training will be provided. If you are dedicated, willing to learn and thrive working in a fast paced, pressurised environment then please apply today!
Closing date for applications 10amTuesday 11th February 2020.
For more information please contact Elizabeth.email@example.com .
Dates for the diary:
Familiarisation event to find out more about the role –
The events will introduce you to life in the Force Control Room. This will be an opportunity to speak to existing staff, discuss shift patterns, look at training & development opportunities and ask any questions you may have. This event is very informative and will explain more details about the role including shift patterns and salary/allowances.
Saturday 8th February 2020 at 9am https://bit.ly/31qcVkc
Interviews w/c 2nd March 2020
We are aiming for a start date of 8th June and 19th October 2020
This opportunity is closed to applications.