Logistics Support Officer (Caretaker/Orderly)
North Yorkshire Police are seeking motivated and enthusiastic individuals to join our team of Logistic Support Officers based Scarborough (part time).
The role is varied and involves working with our Fleet Workshop and Estates Team to ensure that buildings are well maintained and our vehicles are serviced and repaired
The post holder needs basic DIY skills to carry out minor repairs and they will also transport mail, goods and equipment on regular local mail runs. Previous experience in a similar role will be an advantage.
Main responsibilities of the Logistic Support Officer will include:
- Ensure that all allocated buildings are safe, secure and clean
- Minor maintenance and repair of police buildings
- Maintain outside areas, including removal of snow / ice and gritting public areas in winter
- Routine vehicle maintenance / checks
- Transport of goods and equipment (loading and unloading vehicles)
- Any other duties as required by your Line Manager
Successful applicants will possess the following skills:
- Ability to work on their own initiative
- Be able to prioritise workload
- Good customer service skills
- Communicate effectively with colleagues and visitors
- An effective team player
- Basic IT skills and familiar with Microsoft Office.
- There will be an aspect of general driving duties therefore a category D1 licence would be desirable. Please note that upon appointment you will be required to undertake a driving assessment.
Completed applications are to be submitted by 09:00am Friday 22nd June 2019
Interviews will be held at the Transport and Logistics Hub, Thirsk.
This opportunity is closed to applications.