Training Development Assessor
North Yorkshire Police are seeking to recruit enthusiastic, experienced recently retired or retiring officers for a key role in developing new police recruits on a Fixed Term basis for 18 months. The new officers will join via the new PEQF routes of PCDA (Police Constable Degree Apprenticeship) and DHEP (Degree Holders Entry Programme). You will be able to demonstrate operational competence within the last five years and have a desire to positively influence the future of policing in North Yorkshire.
You will be expected to make objective assessments of the competence or performance of others in the workplace, working within your own subject area to rigorous quality standards.
In addition, you will also be responsible for the following:
- Plan the assessment activity to ensure adherence to timelines, to clarify what will be assessed and ensure that appropriate activities are set to enable rigorous and accurate assessment.
- Monitor/assess the progress of students, against required competency standards (local, national and/or external) and highlight any problems at the earliest opportunity. Some evening work will be required as part of this process
- Provide objective feedback and advice to support the continuing development of competence and performance
- Take part in quality management activities, including liaison with internal/external verifiers and with other assessors, to ensure that assessment judgements throughout the force are made consistently and fairly and, where relevant, meet national standards
The successful candidate will be occupationally competent as a police officer within the last 5 years, have strong interpersonal skills to build strong and credible relationships and have experience of encouraging others to learn and develop in order to maximise potential.
Ideally you will already possess a recognised assessor qualification and be prepared to undertake further professional development once in role.
You’ll work for an organisation that cares about the well-being of its personnel, and actively supports people so they can perform to their best at work. In addition, NYP offers a range of benefits including:
- Flexible and agile working
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Support for further professional development
- Cycle to work scheme
- Upbeat- Access to a fantastic range of exclusive discounts on well-known online and high street retailers
- Unison is the recognised Trade Union within NYP and there are also a number of other Inclusion and Diversity support networks
Applications for this role will close on Monday 8th February 2021 at 9am. If you are interested in this role and have the skills required please complete an expression of interest of no more than 400 words.
This is a fixed term contract with North Yorkshire Police. This means that your employment contract will end when the term finishes.
NYP is committed to ensuring everyone is treated fairly and supported equally.