Police Constable - Student Officer (PCDA)
Are you someone who wants to change lives?
Do you have the skills and passion to take on the most rewarding job you could ever do?
At North Yorkshire you'll be part of a team where professionalism is valued. Where our values of courage, compassion and inspiration underpin the service to the public we provide. It's also a place where we recognise that different perspectives and different talents make for a stronger police service.
You must be a person who thrives on challenges and be willing to work hard to learn the skills necessary for this demanding role. Being a Police Officer is a tough and unpredictable job, however incredibly rewarding with high levels of job satisfaction.
We’ll give you the training; the trust and the personal development to expand your career in any direction you choose.
Every day when you put on your uniform and go to work, you will be making life safer and more secure for your friends and neighbours; making North Yorkshire a better place to live, work and visit.
This could be the start of a long and varied career, where no two days are ever the same.
Could you do it? Could you handle it? Could you live it?
Begin your journey today; click “Apply” to start your online application.
Any applications received after 9:00am on Monday 25th January 2021 will not be progressed.
This application is for the Police Constable Degree Apprenticeship (PCDA) entry route only. North Yorkshire Police are not currently accepting applications for the Degree Holder Entry Programme (DHEP).
We currently do not have timescales as to when the DHEP programme will launch, however, this will not be within the next 6 months. Please do not contact us regarding DHEP.
Conditions of Application
- You must be aged 17 or over at the point of application and must be 18 by the time you are appointed.
- You must posses a Level 2 Qualification in Maths and English Language (equivalent to GCSE grade A-C or Level 4 or above)
- You must also possess a Level 3 qualification within the meaning of Section 3 of the Education and Skills Act 2008 or the equivalent experience. Where an applicant does not hold a level 3 qualification, we will also consider training or work experience, whether undertaken in or outside England and Wales, which is considered to be equivalent to a level 3 qualification.
- You must pass the police security vetting clearances. Honesty is of the highest importance in policing. If you have a criminal record, this doesn’t mean you won’t be considered. This depends on the nature of your conviction and circumstances will be considered on an individual basis.
- You must meet our attendance standards, be able to pass the job-related fitness test (bleep test), undertake medical screening and meet the minimum eyesight standards.
- Successful candidates must serve wherever required to do so within North Yorkshire, please consider travel distance prior to submitting your application.
It is our aim to keep you updated throughout each stage of the recruitment process via the online application centre, so please ensure you keep checking this on a regular basis.
North Yorkshire Police is committed to ensuring everyone is treated fairly and supported equally.
Please note: You can apply directly to more than one police force at a time for the position of police constable. You can only sit one assessment centre within a three-month period, but this should not prevent you from entering applications with more than one force should you wish.