Data Modeller (nexus)
Alverton Court, Northallerton
Scale 4 – 6; £20,115 - £27,339 per annum (against a career progression plan)
Full time (Temporary until October 2020)
We are currently inviting applications for a full-time temporary post until October 2020 in the role of Data Modeller (recently renamed from Performance Researcher) positioned within nexus in Northallerton.
Nexus is the team within North Yorkshire Police which helps drive service improvement, supports HMICFRS activity including the Force Management Statement, leads on understanding current and future policing demands, and is developing an exciting approach to data analytics. A relatively new team, our work is constantly evolving to meet the needs of the changing policing environment as we seek innovative approaches to improving service delivery.
As part of the nexus data team, the post-holder will:
- Respond to Freedom of Information requests
- Provide data to a range of external customers in order to meet statutory or other agreed reporting requirements (e.g. Home Office, HMICFRS, partners)
- Provide data to a range of internal customers in order to inform service improvement, inspection, research and/or analysis products.
- Assist in the production of reports to support organisational performance monitoring
In order to fill this post we are seeking a highly motivated and dedicated individual with the following:
- Experience of writing queries using SQL and advanced use of Excel
- Experience of acquiring, cleaning and presenting data sets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An ability to work either independently or in a team and to deadlines
There is an expectation that the successful post holder will engage in self-learning, embrace the skills development as set out in the Career Progression Plan (as far as allowed by the timescales) and show a commitment to continuously develop what nexus can offer.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit an expression of interest before 9:00am on Monday 2nd March 2020.