Senior Procurement Officer
We have an exciting opportunity for a skilled Senior Procurement Officer to join the North Yorkshire Police Procurement Department for a 12 months fixed term contract. In this role you will provide professional procurement and contract advice to the business, whilst managing the procurement process in line with procurement regulations and national guidance to maximise operations and value for money.
You will be part of a small team managing the Procurement process for contracts under £50,000 in conjunction with budget holders and senior managers through supplier selection and contract award. You will be able to work independently and be adaptable as well as having excellent communication and negotiation skills.
Additional duties will include:
- Supporting the Procurement Team and wider finance colleagues in applying their procurement knowledge to their day to day roles and provide ongoing guidance and support for all components of the Career Pathway
- Attend briefings, conferences and meetings at a local and regional level as required
- Manage and support the Procurement Officers to analyse current expenditure monitor and maintain a record of all NYP contracts, (at a national, regional and local level) and identify expenditure that is not under a contract
- Work closely with the Regional Procurement Team to develop a complimentary mechanism for procurement statistics and KPI’s covering all aspects of procurement for NYP and manage the publication of relevant data on behalf of the Chief Constable and the Chief Finance Officer
- Deal with sensitive and confidential information relating to, but not restricted to, financial, legal, policy and commercial issues
To be successful in this role it is essential that you have the following:
- Level 4 CIPS
- Previous experience in procurement advisory services within a regulated financial services environment
- Excellent IT skills; proficient in Microsoft Office
- Excellent all-round interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience in report writing, proof-reading and records management
- Previous experience of managing delivery of quantifiable procurement efficiencies
This role would suit someone who is a competent Procurement Officer who is looking for a role where they can utilise their skill set but also gain valuable experience in a large organisation like North Yorkshire Police.
Applications for the role will close on Thursday 27th February 2020 at 9am. Please submit your up to date CV by the closing date in order to be considered.