Exhibits Management Support Officer
Is accuracy and attention to detail one of your strengths? Do you have excellent communication skills?
Our Business Administration Services Department have an exciting part time opportunity for Exhibit Management Support Officer based at York. This role is responsible for recording, monitoring and controlling all exhibits coming into the possession of North Yorkshire Police on a daily basis to ensure the integrity of such exhibits through effective security and appropriate storage.
We have two part time positions available:
- Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday- 27.75 hours per week
- Wednesday, Thursday & Friday- 27.75 hours per week
The salary is £18,951 but this will be pro rata to 27.75 hours.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following duties:
- Effective and auditable storage of all exhibits seized during the course of investigations, from the point of submission to the point of return or eventual disposal.
- You will act as a central co-ordination point for the storage and disposal of certain types of sensitive property (drugs and firearms).
- You will also be expected to provide a central referral point for exhibits management related queries and, following a period of training and development, you will become one of our force experts in the management and storage of exhibits.
- Input and update all data in an accurate manner on the exhibits management systems (Niche RMS or standalone database) in order to ensure the accuracy of records and monitoring systems.
- Ensure appropriate electronic system or paperwork is completed to support an audit trail for transactions involving the movement of all exhibits.
Whilst candidates are not expected to have significant experience in exhibits management, an understanding of the context of effective exhibits management in supporting the successful conduct of investigations and achieving successful prosecutions would be an advantage. The role involves significant amounts of manual handling and will also require you to be computer-literate and confident in learning new skills.
The closing date for applications is 09:00am on Monday 17th February 2020.
This opportunity is closed to applications.