Typing and Transcription Officer
We have fantastic new vacancies for 2 part time Typing and Transcription Officers to provide a high quality and confidential typing and transcription support service for police officers and police staff in relation to investigations and other relevant police business.
The roles will be based at Athena House, York and carry a salary of £17,799- £20,199 (pro rata). The salary is based on a career progression plan, allowing the right candidate to build up their skills and have the pay reward to match. The hours are to be negotiated at point of interview.
If successful, you will be based within the Criminal Justice Department providing a provision of a high-quality, accurate, confidential and professional typing and transcription service, providing flexible support to colleagues across the force.
To be considered for this role, the right candidate will:
- To be proficient in Microsoft Office applications in particular Word, Excel and Outlook
- Proven ability to type accurately (audio and copy) and to a minimum speed of 50wpm
- Demonstrable ability to work cohesively within a team to support shared goals and to work autonomously as required.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Good customer service skills
- An ability to work to deadline, unsupervised
- Ability to process sensitive material and maintain a high level of confidentiality
As a valued member of North Yorkshire Police you will receive:
- Competitive salary
- Local government pension scheme
- Option to sign up for Upbeat, which will give you access to a fantastic range of exclusive discounts and well-known online and high street retailers
- Join Unison- the recognised Trade Union with NYP
- A fantastic number of Inclusion and Diversity Support Networks
- The option to join a number of NYP Sports teams, including Rugby and Swimming
- Our staff are important to us, so we like to ensure we provide continued training and development opportunities to upskill where possible.
We view diversity as fundamental to our success. To tackle today’s complex policing challenges; we need a workforce made up from all of North Yorkshire’s communities. Applications from across the community are therefore essential. You will need a wide range of skills and experiences which will enhance the services we deliver to the public including an understanding of cultural issues. If this is you, we want to hear from you!
To be considered for this role please complete your application by 0900 Monday 24th February 2020. Please be aware there will be a typing test as part of the interview.
For any further information regarding the role, please contact email@example.com