North Yorkshire Police are currently seeking an experienced Technical Manager to become an integral part of the Digital Forensics Unit, based at Alverton Court in Northallerton.
The Digital Forensics and Online Child Sexual Exploitation Teams are responsible for the investigation of cases involving the making, possession and distribution of indecent images of children. Additionally the team provide support in other investigations where accessing information from digital devices is required.
The Technical Manager is the lead technical practitioner within the Digital Forensics Unit, who, in accordance with the requirements of the International Standards Organisation standard (ISO 17025 - for the General Requirements for the Competence of Testing and Calibration Laboratories) has the authority to implement, maintain and improve the Management System, and to identify the occurrence of departures from the Management System, initiating actions to prevent or minimize such departures.
We are seeking conscientious, dedicated and inquiring individuals for the permanent position of Technical Manager. This role requires the selected individual to work throughout the force area.
The main responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- To be the technical lead in relation to digital forensic activity within North Yorkshire Police.
- To advise on technical matters and strategy in relation to digital forensics.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of Technical Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and validation techniques
- Ensure the competency of technical staff, identifying training needs and mentoring as required.
The successful candidate will have a degree in Forensic computing/computer science or substantial relevant experience and be able to demonstrate advanced competency in computer and portable digital device examinations. You must hold a full driving licence or be able to travel as required.
You’ll be welcomed into an organisation that cares about the well-being of its personnel, and actively supports people so they can perform to the best of their ability.
In addition, North Yorkshire Police offers a range of benefits including:
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Support for further professional development
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Option to sign up for Upbeat, which will give you access to a fantastic range of exclusive discounts and well-known online and high street retailers
- A fantastic number of Inclusion and Diversity Support Networks
- The option to join a number of NYP Sports teams, including Rugby and Swimming
- Unison is the recognised Trade union within NYP
We view diversity as fundamental to our success. To tackle today’s complex policing challenges; we need a workforce made up from all of North Yorkshire’s communities. Applications from across the community are therefore essential. You will need a wide range of skills and experiences which will enhance the services we deliver to the public including an understanding of cultural issues. If this is you, we want to hear from you!
Our staff are important to us, so we like to ensure we provide continued training and development opportunities to upskill where possible.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please submit an application by 9:00am on Tuesday 18th February 2020.
This opportunity is closed to applications.