Emergency Planning Officer
North Yorkshire Police are proud to be one of the safest places in the country to live, work and visit, we rely on the knowledge and expertise of our officers and staff to help keep it this way. We are currently seeking applications for the role of Emergency Planning Officer, working within the Operations & Contingency Planning department. We currently have a full time, permanent opportunity available, based at Alverton Court in Northallerton.
The Emergency Planning Officers (EPO’s) are responsible for ensuring the force maintains compliance with its responsibilities set out in the Civil Contingencies Act 2004 and any associated regulations.
The EPO’s prepare and maintain emergency plans, ensuring their relevance, accuracy and compliance with legislation, policy and national guidance.
EPO’s develop and deliver emergency response training and exercises, whilst liaising with other agencies and services and operating within Local Resilience Form structure.
The successful applicant will be responsible for providing support to Gold and Silver Commanders at the Strategic and Tactical Command levels for significant policing operations and incidents.
Skills and experience required:
- Excellent team working and communication skills and will be confident in briefing and presenting information to large groups and / or senior officers from a range of organisations.
- They will be able to rapidly assimilate information , adapt to changing circumstances and calmly provide clear advice.
- Experience of a similar role and a proven track record of working in a multi-agency environment is desirable.
Full training will be provided, in order for suitable candidates to build a successful career within this environment. There is an expectation that any post holder will undertake all required training as set out in the associated Career Progression Plan.
You’ll be welcomed into an organisation that cares about the well-being of its personnel, and actively supports people so they can perform to the best of their ability.
In addition, North Yorkshire Police offers a range of benefits including:
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Support for further professional development
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Option to sign up for Upbeat, which will give you access to a fantastic range of exclusive discounts and well-known online and high street retailers
- A fantastic number of Inclusion and Diversity Support Networks
- The option to join a number of NYP Sports teams, including Rugby and Swimming
- Unison is the recognised Trade union within NYP
Our staff are important to us, so we like to ensure we provide continued training and development opportunities to upskill where possible.
Please note that interviews are scheduled to take place in March 2020, and will include a practical exercise.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please submit an application by 9:00am on Monday 17th February 2020.
This opportunity is closed to applications.