ICT Service Management Architect
North Yorkshire Police are seeking a creative and innovative Service Management Architect to join our experienced and dynamic ICT department in Northallerton. This role is responsible for ensuring high quality delivery of new services, and service enhancements into live operational environments. Taking ownership of change and release management functions, and being be responsible for the ongoing development and direction of the service transition, this role is certainly challenging and requires a broad range of skills.
- Ensure that innovation and new technology is brought into the solutions to make the future models of operation as effective as possible in delivering the business case
- Responsible for the design of service offerings and the service design and implementation for customers
- Ownership of change and release management functions, and ongoing development and direction of the service transition, application monitoring and deployment processes
- Develop the future mode of operation, incorporating the technical architecture, the service delivery model, risk and appropriate commercial considerations
- Actively participate in commercial and contract discussions/ negotiations
- Service reporting and service management tool design
- Stay abreast of the latest market trends in service delivery such as DevOps, Agile, Design Thinking, etc. as well as latest technologies including Automation, AI & ML, Platforms, etc.
To be successful in this role you will essentially possess the following:
- A track record of success in Service Architecture, Service Design and Application/ Infrastructure roles in a large IT estate
- Previous experience providing service management solutions – including problem solving for service design in an IT environment
- Experience of transitioning from manual to automated software deployment and digital tooling
- Experience of process implementation and creating new processes
- Relationship management, networking and influencing skills
- A deep understanding of trends within the digital market covering the latest tools, methods and customer expectations
- A broad range of skills, including excellent communications (written and verbal), negotiations, numeracy /costing expertise, presentations, commercial, understanding, flexibility and creative thinking
- ITIL V3/4 Expert qualification
- Line Management experience
If you are someone who has the ability to work smartly and under pressure to achieve tight deadlines then please submit your application by 20th February 2020 at 9am.