ICT Service Delivery Manager- Deputy Head of ICT
Increasing demands for force agility, shared intelligence, better collaboration and interoperability require new and refreshed talent for our Information Communications Technology department based in Northallerton.
North Yorkshire Police are seeking a dynamic Service Delivery Manager to lead the strategic development and operational management of the Service Support, Service Architect Management and Cyber security functions. As Manager of these functions you will be accountable for ensuring that ICT services are stable and meeting availability targets. Using your ITIL experience you will drive best practice in service management by leading and motivating a diverse ICT team to achieve maximum efficiency within the department and to promote continuous improvement.
- Manage sourcing, implementation and development of ICT solutions, ensuring systems are streamlined and interlinked to provide maximum efficiency and benefit
- Develop, implement and maintain the ICT strategies, ensuring that all infrastructure is in place and functioning at the highest level, supporting the digital communications and core functions
- Deliver annual ICT operational and capital budgets, managing these budgets throughout the year, ensuring best value
- Strategic input to the overall ICT strategy; responsible for establishing and setting the direction, management and leadership of aligned functions which include the Service desk/User support, Cyber Security and Service Management Architect functions including supplier management, procurement and information security
- Maintaining and building relationships with senior managements and handling senior escalations in regards to reported issues and problems
- Ensuring reported issues and incidents are being progressed, tracking SLAs and KPIs in regards to internal and supplier contractual commitments, intervening when required
- Ensure that ICT system security is robust and complies with current good practice and legislation
- At least 5 years’ experience managing ICT teams
- 3+ years in Service Management, including design and transition experience
- Proven track record of innovative ICT solution provision and implementation, including contract management
- Experience of developing and implementing ICT strategies, including experience of budgeting and managing budgets
- Strong understanding of IT compliance, regulations, best practice and related legislation such as the Data Protection Act
- ITIL 3/4 qualified or excellent understanding of ITIL principles.
If you are someone who is a strategic thinker, adaptable and passionate for service improvement then please submit your application by 20th February 2020 at 9am.