Data Quality Assistant
North Yorkshire Police are pleased to announce that we are seeking applications for a Data Quality Assistant. Based at the Joint Fire and Police Headquarters in Northallerton, transport links to the market town are exceptional allowing the opportunity to open to applicants from local areas. The vacancy carries an annual salary of £18,951 - £22,833 through a career progression plan.
The role will be working within our Niche Records Management team who are responsible for dealing with information compliance and data integrity improvement matters including those in respect of the Code of Practice on the College of Policing Authorised Professional Practice Management of Police Information (APP MoPI).
Reporting to the Senior Review, Retention & Disposal and Data Quality Officer this is a challenging and rewarding role having responsibility of data quality matters, specifically:-
- Collating, assessing and distributing details of records requiring corrective activities
- Assessing the possible cause of data errors, providing recommendations regarding the course of corrective action to be taken
- Monitoring the performance of the corrective activities
- Conduct data corrective work in line with national and local standards
- Providing feedback and special guidance and advice to colleagues on data recording standards
You will have significant IT skills and be able to work as an effective team member and independently with a high level of attention to detail. It is essential that you have excellent planning, organisation and effective communication skills in order to meet the requirements of this role.
It is preferable, but not essential, that you have knowledge of police computer systems.
There is a requirement to be vetted to MV level (provided by NYP on appointment).
As a valued member of North Yorkshire Police Staff you will receive:
- Competitive salary
- Local government pension scheme
- Option to sign up for Upbeat, which will give you access to a fantastic range of exclusive discounts n well-known online and high street retailers
- A fantastic number of Inclusion and Diversity Support Networks
- The option to join a number of NYP Sports teams, including Rugby and Swimming
- Our staff are important to us, so we like to ensure we provide continued training and development opportunities to upskill where possible.
We view diversity as fundamental to our success. To tackle today’s complex policing challenges; we need a workforce made up from all of North Yorkshire’s communities. Applications from across the community are therefore essential. You will need a wide range of skills and experiences which will enhance the services we deliver to the public including an understanding of cultural issues. If this is you, we want to hear from you!
We will be closing our application opportunity at 0900 on Monday 10h February 2020. Before you apply, if you require any further information about the role, please don’t hesitate to contact Sharon Graham, Sharon.Graham@northyorkshire.pnn.police.uk