Intelligence Management Officer (IMO)
A number of exciting opportunities for Intelligence Management Officers (IMO) are currently available in Northallerton, Scarborough and Harrogate. As an IMO you will provide a high quality research service to the department in support of the force strategic and tactical priorities and as part of the wider team you will provide intelligence support to Staff and Officers across the organisation involved in operations.
You will be required to deliver accurate and timely data to facilitate analysis and inform decision making as well as evaluating information to ensure its quality, accuracy, integrity and security. You will also proactively identify information sources by collating relevant information.
We are seeking motivated and dedicated individuals with the following skills and experience:
- Excellent IT skills (as a key element of the role is to interrogate a range of in-house computer databases as well as utilising excel, word and power-point for presentation purposes)
- Ability to organise and prioritise
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Research and report writing experience
- Strong team working skills
- Work effectively using your own initiative
- Successful completion or willingness to work towards completion of the Intelligence Professionalisation Programme (IPP) accreditation and ongoing professional development, or has equivalent experience and able to demonstrate equivalent level of expertise.
- An awareness of the practical application of risk assessment processes and a willingness to achieve national accreditation.
- Knowledge of the National Intelligence Model (NIM) and other legislation impacting on the intelligence business area is desirable but not essential.
Full training will be provided, in order for suitable candidates to develop a successful career within this environment.
You’ll be welcomed into an organisation that cares about the well-being of its personnel, and actively supports people so they can perform to the best of their ability.
In addition, North Yorkshire Police offers a range of benefits including:
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Support for further professional development
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Upbeat – Access to a fantastic range of exclusive discounts on well-known online and high street retailers
- Unison is the recognised Trade union within NYP and there are also a number of other Inclusion and Diversity support networks
- Access to support and welfare along with compulsory yearly reviews in order to support you in the role
We currently have 3 immediate full time vacancies in the following locations:
- Alverton Court, Northallerton (Force Intelligence Bureau - Monday to Friday)
Candidates should note that some vacancies may have a requirement to work weekends and therefore be entitled to weekend working allowance.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit an application before 9:00am on Monday 17th February 2020 - please note that the deadline has been extended to allow for the additional vacancy within Force Intelligence Bureau.
This opportunity is closed to applications.