Mobile Phone Examiner
We are currently inviting applications for the position of Mobile Phone Examiner, positioned within the Digital Forensics Unit at NYP Headquarters in Northallerton. The role will deliver specialist digital forensic examination services within a professional environment which has been granted accreditation by UKAS to ISO17025, ILAC G19 and Forensic Science Regulator Code of Practice and Conduct.
The post-holder will be responsible for performing acquisition, examination and reporting services on complex digital data recovered from mobile phone type devices for the purpose of assisting in criminal investigations which often relate to child sexual exploitation and indecent images of children offences. The role will include providing advice and support to operational colleagues on digital forensics and emerging technologies, crime scene attendance for the purpose of triaging devices and assisting investigators with interviews and providing scientific technical evidence whilst attending court.
We are seeking motivated and dedicated individuals with the following skills and experience:
- Excellent IT skills
- Ability to organise and prioritise
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Previous investigative experience
- A degree level qualification in a Digital Forensics or Computer Science related field or substantial practical experience in a relevant subject area is desirable.
Full training will be provided, in order for suitable candidates to gain demonstrable competence in mobile phone digital forensic service and develop a successful career within this environment. There is an expectation that any post holder will undertake all required training as set out in the Career Progression Plan.
You’ll be welcomed into an organisation that cares about the well-being of its personnel, and actively supports people so they can perform to the best of their ability.
In addition, North Yorkshire Police offers a range of benefits including:
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Support for further professional development
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Upbeat – Access to a fantastic range of exclusive discounts on well-known online and high street retailers
- Unison is the recognised Trade union within NYP and there are also a number of other Inclusion and Diversity support networks
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit an application before 9:00am on Tuesday 24th September 2019.