Transferee Opportunities - Detective Sergeant - Senior Trainer - Crime & Investigation
A new opportunity has been created for a Detective Sergeant to join the Learning and Development team as a Senior Trainer, this new role will become an integral part of taking operational responsibility for the management of Crime and Investigative training in accordance with the National Policing Curriculum.
Scope of the role
This is a vital role ensuring that North Yorkshire Police provides suitable learning programmes and sessions for investigative training, identifying and incorporating training and learning methodologies that are capable of meeting individual and organisational learning needs with available resources and within specified timescales.
The post holder will undertake the role of Professionalising Investigations Programme (PIP) Single Point of Contact (SPOC) supporting the Head of Crime.
The successful Senior Trainer will be responsible for the design, delivery, assessment and evaluation of Crime and Investigative training.
The post holder will also be expected to ensure that training is delivered using a wide range of learning methodologies ensuring learners are managed, motivated, facilitated, coached and supported to achieve the intended learning outcomes.
Applicants will undergo a selection process involving a competency and values based Interview, presentation and demonstrate their competence by delivering a short 10 minute presentation.
Behavior’s and skills we are looking for;
- Team Player
- Interpersonal skills, communication
- Problem solving
- Detail orientated
- Stakeholder management
- The ability to prioritise, work under pressure
- Planning and organising, time management
- Flexibility to travel throughout the North Yorkshire Force area, on your own initiative with own transport
- A Training or Education Qualification – or willing to work towards achieving this
- Assessment Qualifications or willing to work towards achieving these
- Effectively designing, planning and delivery of training and development solutions in accordance with appropriate legislation, procedures and systems.
- Being qualified to NVQ level 4 (or City & Guilds Equivalent), Cert. Ed./PG Cert. Ed is desirable but not essential. Or have an appropriate training qualification (PTLLS, QCF Level 3, equivalent or higher).
- Further development towards coaching and mentoring qualifications as well as professional CPD are also welcome.
- We are seeking a Detective Sergeant that has completed the Initial Crime Investigators Development Programme (or equivalent) and holds current PIP 2 accreditation.
This role will be based at Police HQ in Northallerton and you will work standard office hours, with the occasional requirement to work outside normal working hours.
Candidates must be currently serving as a police officer at Sergeant rank, in order to be eligible to apply.
Successful candidates will be required to relocate at their own cost, if applicable.
Please note any offer will be subject to satisfactory references, medical, vetting and security checks. Attendance and disciplinary records will also be assessed as part of the recruitment process.
To apply for this position, please submit an application before 9:00am on 17th September 2019.
This opportunity is closed to applications.