Community Connector - Volunteer
Community Connectors- Volunteers
Location- York and Hambleton
This is a fascinating and intensely rewarding area of voluntary work; giving you the opportunity to make a real difference to people of North Yorkshire at a very difficult time in their lives.
Community Connectors aim to deliver support flexibly and responsively to isolated and vulnerable people whatever their age, or circumstances. Support may include supporting them in trying new activities that meet their hobbies and interests, and supporting people to with personal and social development. We believe that building peoples social networks has a positive impact on their health and well-being.
Our approach emphasises the importance of mutual support, and respect, to people who are unlikely to receive any other support; who without our input are left feeling frustrated, disillusioned and vulnerable.
To be the right person for this role you will have the following essential skills:
- Good communication skills with a wide range of people
- Ability to motivate yourself and others
- Ability to use your own initiative
- To be flexible and reliable
- Decision Making
- Respect for equality and diversity
- Commitment of 4-6 hours minimum per week / Flexible
- Knowledge of the voluntary and community sector
- Understanding of vulnerability
- Emotional Resilience
To apply for this role please complete and submit your application by Thursday 19th September 2019.
For any further information please contact Natasha Almond (email@example.com)