Neighbourhood Support Volunteer
The role will provide extra support to the Neighbourhood Policing Teams across North Yorkshire, adding value to the work of the PCSO`s. The aim of the Neighbourhood Support Volunteer is to support North Yorkshire Police in delivering crime prevention initiatives, engaging with local communities to help them feel safer.
The NSV role aims to provide support to community safety based activities aiming to:
- Raise awareness of current crime trends and how to keep safe
- Support NYP and partners in early intervention
- Events - Provide an extra resource to for NYP at shows and events eg. Local sporting events, food festivals
- Operations – Supporting local NPT’s in crime prevention operations – e.g. preventing burglary
- Mobile Police Van and Rural Beauty spots - talking to members of public, providing a visible reassurance presence, helping to deal with any general enquiries from members of the public, supporting PCSOs
- Community Messaging System – signing up members of the public to the local crime information messaging system
- Crime preventions – help to deliver crime prevention information through leaflet drops, awareness weeks , Property Marking(hate crime, internet/fraud awareness campaign weeks)
- Partnership Work
We are looking for volunteers with fantastic communication skills and have an interest in engaging with communities and wanting to contribute to a safer neighbourhood.
No experience is required as basic training will be given.
For more information please contact Chris Turner- Christopher.Turner@northyorkshire.pnn.police.uk
Closing date: Friday 17th May 9am.
This opportunity is closed to applications.