Vehicle Technician (Mechanic) - Thirsk
At North Yorkshire Police, we depend on well maintained and efficient transportation to help us deliver our services to a large geographical and diverse community throughout North Yorkshire & the City of York via our two vehicle workshops (one co-locating with North Yorkshire Fire & Rescue service)
North Yorkshire Police Transport need skilled professionals ready to dedicate their time to ensure our combined fleet of over 500 vehicles, 180 bikes and various plant & machinery to ensure that they are always ready for action.
As part of a successful professional team you will be responsible for maintaining, servicing and repairing mechanical, electrical and electronic components of police vehicles to agreed standards, and carry out safety inspections, diagnostic testing and problem solving. You may also be required to attend vehicle breakdowns and complete documentation as required including job sheets, service sheets and stores requisitions.
Candidates must possess –
- A Motor Vehicle related apprenticeship
- Obtained City & Guilds Motor Vehicle (Mechanical/Electrical) Technicians 1 & 2 accreditation or equivalent.
- Practical experience with modern engine management and computerised electronic control systems
- Excellent diagnostic skills and familiarity with computer based information and diagnostic programmes and equipment.
- A full current driving license
The successful candidate will also be able to demonstrate recent experience as a qualified technician within a main dealership/similar type of organisation. With your focus on quality, health & safety and with good organisational and communication skills, both oral and written, you must be able to work as part of a team and on your own initiative.
The working week is 37 hours Monday to Friday; you will be expected to support a working pattern of 08:00-16:30, Monday to Thursday and 8:00-16.00pm on Friday.
In addition, NYP offers a range of benefits including:
- Good working conditions complete with the latest technical innovations
- Support for further professional development
- Opportunity work with a variety of manufacturers
- Upbeat – Access to a fantastic range of exclusive discounts on well-known online and high street retailers
- Unison is the recognised Trade union within NYP and there are also a number of other Inclusion and Diversity support networks.
- Local government pension scheme
You will also be working as part of a unified effort to create safe communities where people can enjoy genuine quality of life.
For further information or an informal chat, please contact Bob Brigginshaw 07887 634175
If you would like to be considered for this role, click "Apply" and submit your CV before 9am on Thursday 15th August 2019.
This opportunity is closed to applications.