Head of Finance
Head of Finance and Section 151 Officer
As Head of Finance you will be accountable to the Chief Constable and responsible as Section 151 Officer for the proper administration of the police force's financial affairs under paragraph 4 (1) of Schedule 2 to the Police Reform and Social Responsibility Act 2011.
This role will be responsible for taking a lead on Financial Management matters, providing a strategic input, setting the vision, policy and strategic direction in the delivery of finance related activities and projects to enable the success of NYP and the PCC achieving the overall strategic aims.
The role is expected to evolve as Enable North Yorkshire is implemented and developed across North Yorkshire Police and North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Authority.
If you’re the person we’re looking for, you will:
- Chartered Accountancy qualification from a designated CCAB body
- Eligibility to act as statutory section 151 officer
- Substantial post qualification experience at a senior level with the ability to operate at both strategic and operational levels
- Experience of managing strategic risk at a senior level within the organisation
- Commercially astute with a proven track record in achieving improvements in standards and performance whilst reducing costs
- Strong communications and influencing skills with significant experience of client and stakeholder relationship building and management.
- You will be resilient and have the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines whilst maintaining a high level of attention to detail
- Demonstrable experience as a Section 151 Officer or Deputy Section 151 Officer
- Experience of financial accounting and management in a public sector environment
- Experience in the development and successful implementation of shared/collaborative service models across organisational/agency boundaries
In return, we will equip you to deliver a service that can be flexible and fit for the future and provide the best service to our communities.
We view diversity as fundamental to our success. To tackle today’s complex policing challenges; we need a workforce made up from all of North Yorkshire’s communities. Applications from across the community are therefore essential.
Before you apply, please ensure that you have read the job description and person specification in detail. Your supporting statement must be aligned to the criteria outlined in the Person Specification.
To apply for this role, please visit:https://static.wcn.co.uk/company/5027735/787/search_vacs.html
Your application should include:
- Your current CV
- Supporting statement aligned to the person specification (maximum 4 pages)
- Contact details of at least TWO referees, one of whom should be your current or most recent employer. Referees will not be approached without your prior permission.
If you would like a confidential discussion, please contact a Penna Consultant as follows :
Rebecca Rampat : 0203 849 2705 / email@example.com
Pete John : 07701 305617 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Helen Alwell : 07809 905467 / email@example.com