Police Constable - Student Officer
Are you someone who wants to change lives?
Do you have the skills and passion to take on the most rewarding job you could ever do?
At North Yorkshire you'll be part of a team where professionalism is valued. Where our values of courage, compassion and inspiration underpin the service to the public we provide. It's also a place where we recognise that different perspectives and different talents make for a stronger police service.
You must be a person who thrives on challenges, and be willing to work hard to learn the skills necessary for this demanding role. Being a Police Officer is a tough and unpredictable job, however incredibily rewarding with high levels of job satisfaction.
We’ll give you the training; the trust and the personal development to expand your career in any direction you choose.
Every day when you put on your uniform and go to work, you will be making life safer and more secure for your friends and neighbours; making North Yorkshire a better place to live, work and visit.
This could be the start of a long and varied career, where no two days are ever the same.
Could you do it? Could you handle it? Could you live it?
Begin your journey today; click “Apply” to start your online application. Any applications received after 9:00am on Monday 17th June 2019 will not be progressed.
Conditions of Application
- You must be aged 18 or over at the point of application
- Applicants must possess a level 3 qualification within the meaning of Section 3 of the Education and Skills Act 2008 or equivalent experience (please refer to the FAQ’s)
- Applicants are only eligible to apply to one force at any one time
- If you have a current application with another force you may be eligible to transfer this to NYP. (Please refer to the FAQ’s)
- Applicants who have been unsuccessful in their application with another force in the last 6 months are not eligible to apply.
It is our aim to keep you updated throughout each stage of the recruitment process via the online application centre, so please ensure you keep checking this on a regular basis.
North Yorkshire Police are currently under-represented from black and minority ethnic backgrounds including Eastern European and Chinese communities, those with disability, women and from the LGBTQ+ communities. Therefore, we are very keen to encourage applications from these groups.
This opportunity is closed to applications.